A grateful and heartfelt thank you
By Larry Fredericksen
Published Thursday, August 20, 2015 10:02 am
The families we serve and the staff and board of Haven House wish to express our deep appreciation to all who helped us purchase the property formerly known as the dorm for our transitional housing and child development programs.
In early May Haven House was notified that the property we were leasing had been sold and that we had 15 days to match the cash offer of $345,000 or face eviction. Eviction meant that Haven House might have to close, permanently. Fortunately, thanks to the support of the news media, the many who were praying for us and the many persons in Montrose, Delta, Ouray and Mesa counties who donated and/or provided bridge loans, we were able to raise the funds needed to buy the property, with a day or two to spare. Specifically we want to thank:
• God for bringing together all of the details in a timely manner.
• The prayer chains and prayer warriors.
• Pat Sunderland and the Delta County Independent for its news coverage that helped attract support needed to purchase the property.
• Katharhynn Heidelberg and other writers at the Montrose Press for their step-by-step coverage and drawing attention to our desperate situation.
• Caitlin Switzer and The Montrose Mirror whose timely article helped push us over the top.
• The persons who collectively provided bridge loans of $220,000.
• The two churches and many individuals that donated the remainder of the funds needed.
• The news media in Grand Junction, Ouray and Telluride for their coverage of our situation. The purchase of the property means that our future is secure, that we will be able to continue to help families and individuals get back into permanent housing on a path to self-sufficiency and help their children achieve higher goals. Now that we can look forward to our future with confidence, we will continue to strengthen our programs to serve those in need. Another priority is to receive grants to retire the bridge loans and raise funds for capital improvements. Thanks again to all of you that made this possible. For more information about Haven House visit our website at www.havenhousehomeless.org or call Lillian or Larry Fredericksen at 626-5677.
On behalf of