AARP Colorado AARP is now accepting nominations for its 2018 Colorado Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors 50-plus Coloradans who are sharing their experience, talent and skills to enrich the lives of their community members.
"AARP Colorado is excited to shine a light on 50-plus Coloradans who are using what they've learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them," said Bob Murphy, AARP Colorado state director.
Nominations will be evaluated by AARP Colorado staff and volunteers, based on how the volunteer's work has improved the community, supported AARP's vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
AARP Colorado Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Nominee must be 50 years or older.
• The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
• The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP's vision and mission.
• Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
• This is not a posthumous award.
Please contact Jeremiah Mora at email@example.com, 303-764-5986 for further information and a nomination form, or visit http://bit.ly/2rwsmXf for online submissions. Application deadline is June 1.
Last year, AARP recognized 51 outstanding individuals and couples from around the country.