Bill W. Timbrook died May 14, 2016, at his home. He was 92.
He was born in Santa Fe, N.M., in February 1924.
He served in the U.S. Army from 1942-1946 and was a veteran of World War II.
In April 1948 he married Eleanor "Ele" Timbrook in Montrose. They moved to Concord, Calif., in 1957 where he managed Fry's grocery stores, was a salesperson at Bruener's and managed several bowling alleys.
Mr. Timbrook enjoyed his family, fishing with family and friends, bowling, joking, and being generous.
Mr. Timbrook is survived by two daughters, Sandra (Robert) Russell and Debra (Ralph) Rodriguez; four grandchildren, Mike (Paula) Russell, Tina (Jeff) Spitzer, Kelly (Will) Tavis and Rick Rodriguez; and four great-grandchildren, Bryson Spitzer, Alyson Spitzer, Chase Tavis and Haley Tavis.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 67 years, Ele, Dec. 12, 2015.
Eleanor "Ele" Timbrook died Dec. 12, 2015, in a nursing home. She was 87.
She was born in Delta April 13, 1928, to Adam and Margaret Schmaltz.
In April 1948 she married Bill Timbrook. She bowled her first game while on a date with Bill, the first time she had heard the word "bowling." She fell in love with the game.
In 1957 she joined a WIBC-sanctioned league at Paddock Bowl. She joined the Western Women's Bowling Association in 1967 and the Professional Women's Bowling Association in 1968. In 1979 she received the California Women's Bowling Association Hall of Fame award for superior performance. She traveled to Japan in 1972 to represent the WWBA.
In addition to bowling, Mrs. Timbrook worked at several bowling alleys.
A celebration of life was held April 24.
Mr. and Mrs. Timbrook are buried at Sacramento Valley National Cemetery in Dixon, Calif.
On Dec. 4 Delta County Commissioners Doug Atchley, Mark Roeber and Don Suppes denied the application of Paonia Holdings, LLC for a change of land use for the property at 41322 Highway 133, with an adjacent residence at 41402 Highway 133 and an ancillary property at 16180 Stevens Gulch Road.
The property is owned by Bowie Resources, LLC, and was formerly used as a coal load-out site.