By Hank Lohmeyer
Published Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:07 am
The Town of Cedaredge's annual spring street fair, Celebrate Cedaredge, will take place on June 4 with events focused around the town's West Main Street area.
There is also an outdoor music festival scheduled the same day at Aspen Trails Campground.
In addition to the 50 vendor booths that space had been reserved for as of last week for the street fair, there will be some other events taking place in conjunction with the event and being arranged through the Chamber of Commerce and other organizations. There are specific contacts for some of the events, but the Cedaredge Chamber of Commerce, 856-6919, can field all calls for information.
Following is a list:
• Free vendor booth space has probably all been taken by the time this story appears. Organizers say that the vendor booths will be up and open officially on West Main Street from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Organizers were working to arrange live music from various entertainers from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The Cedaredge Rotary will be hosting its annual Thunder Mountain 5k Fun Run and Walk event. It is scheduled to take off at 8 a.m. from the northwest corner of Town Park. There is a registration fee. Contact person is Jamie Mieklejohn at 970-778-2868. Also: cedaredgerotary.org or the chamber office.
• The Apple Blossom Bike Ride, a fundraiser for local Boy Scout Troop #482, will stage for an 8 a.m. start at the south side of Town Park. Information is at appleblossomride.com.
• Also June 4 from 5 to 8 p.m., a "cruise night" follows the street fair. People and their favorite rides are being invited to show up and show off in Cedaredge for an event that takes its inspiration from other similar events that happen around the valley and that are always a favorite.
• Beginning at noon, the gates open for the first installment of the Mesa Summer Music Series at Aspen Trails Campground. Music is to start at 2 p.m. and overnight camping is available for the outdoor music fest.