Volunteers from all areas of the county who put their names in for unpaid service on the various boards and commissions of county government were officially appointed to their desired posts by the commissioners on Feb. 16.
• The Community Services Block Grant Advisory Committee, a group that decides how to allocate state funds locally to "help alleviate poverty in the county" saw four appointments: Doug Atchley county commissioner; Cheryl Oeltjenbruns, Abraham Connection board member; Merriam Helmsing, vocational rehabilitation; and Ute Jantz, Delta Housing Authority director.
The appointees join continuing members Elaine Sakala, Diana Tourney and Carol Gallegos.
• Commissioners named two people to the tourism cabinet: Wilma Erven, Delta city recreation director, and Tim Gallegos who commissioners noted is a mountain bike enthusiast.
Continuing members are Patricia Luna, Tony Vervloet, Kathy Hirschboeck, John Taylor and Yvon Gros.
• Misty Sakala was appointed to remain on the Western Region Emergency Services Board (WRETAC).
• Named to the county's Youth Shooting Sports Advisory Board were George Baier and Mark Ness. They were reappointed to three-year terms.
Other current members are Kathy Welt, Terry Welt and Melonie Ness.
• David Hurr was appointed to a three-year term on the Paonia Cemetery Board. Current members are Don Emmons and Wayne Wiitanen.
• Members appointed to the Delta County Planning Commission were Dick Disner, Tony Prendergast and Bob Stechert. A new member is Kim Shay, previously a member of the Leroux Creek APC.
Continuing members are Jennifer Sanborn, Lynne Bixler and Angela Mackey.
• Charlotte Lubin was named to serve on the Crawford Cemetery Board. Other members are Hetty Todd and Joe Oglesby.
• Commissioners tabled the matter of appointments to the Airport Advisory Board as they consider service areas available to the applicants.