Colorado Mesa University is awarding more than $4 million in scholarships to seniors graduating from high schools in Mesa, Montrose and Delta counties.
The breakdown includes:
• Cedaredge High School, nine students, 10 scholarships totaling $19,075.
• Delta High School -- 19 students, 29 scholarships totaling $68,000.
• Hotchkiss High School -- three students, six scholarships totaling $10,250.
• Olathe High School -- 13 students, 19 scholarships totaling $34,075.
• Paonia High School -- four students, six scholarships totaling $17,900.
Scholarships were also awarded to students at Central High School, Grand Junction High School, Fruita Monument High School, Palisade High School, Montrose High School and Plateau Valley High School.
The scholarships are all renewable and range from $1,000 to full tuition and fees per year. They are all merit-based scholarships, which means all the awardees have grade point averages of at least 3.0.
On Friday, Feb. 10, Stephen Felix, a 52-year-old male from Olathe, was brought to Montrose Memorial Hospital by the Olathe Ambulance in an unconscious state. Radiologic examination revealed traumatic injuries and an acute subarachnoid hemorrhage over his brain.