The Delta County Memorial Hospital (DCMH) volunteers recently awarded $5,000 in scholarships to Delta County senior high school students who are planning to major in a health related program at area colleges.
This year scholarship recipients each receiving a $1,000 scholarship are:
• Peyton Schuster, Delta High School, who plans to major in nursing at Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Ariz.
• Anha Richards, Delta High School, who plans to major in nursing at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.
• Jordan Tamayo, Hotchkiss High School, who plans to major in pre-med at Colorado Mesa University. Jordan's goal is to become a physical therapist.
• Jessica Craig, Cedaredge High School, who plans to major in neurobiology at Colorado State University. Her career goal is to become a doctor.
• Alyssa Kissner, Cedaredge High School, who plans to major in nursing at Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Ariz.
This is the 11th year DCMH volunteers have awarded scholarships to Delta County high school seniors majoring in health-related programs in college. A scholarship committee composed of three volunteers evaluated the 12 scholarship applications submitted by Delta County high school seniors.
On Tuesday, Sept. 11, the Delta County Board of Commissioners called a special meeting to consider the board's response to the Bureau of Land Management's preliminary Environmental Assessment (EA) concerning the lease parcels proposed for the December BLM sale.
Several people from the North Fork were present to provide input.