Delta County 4-H council report
By Drew Harris
Published Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:01 am
The Delta 4-H County Council met on Jan. 8 at the Delta County Courthouse at 7 p.m. The following was discussed:
- 4-H members must be enrolled to receive emails with information regarding upcoming events.
- The fair board is still organizing for the 2018 year, information is forthcoming.
- Beef weigh-in is Feb. 3 from 1-3 p.m. in Hotchkiss. No 4-H enrollments will be accepted at weigh-ins. Enrollment deadline is Jan. 26. Bring a bill of sale and brand inspection documents to the weigh-in.
- The 4-H Beef Roast is right around the corner! Save the date for Sunday, March 4. In addition to the delicious smoked beef, there will also be pork on the menu. Tickets are available from 4-H members and leaders.
- To all 4-H clubs: please send your County Council representatives to the council meetings. Attendance is very important so that critical information can be relayed to the 4-H club members. Being well-informed gives you a much greater chance of having a successful 2018 4-H year.
We wish Delta County a happy and prosperous New Year. As usual, thank you for your amazing support. See you at the Beef Roast!
Delta 4-H County