In a letter to the town, FCAC announced that the building fund has now reached $65,000. FCAC has received grants from the Freda Hambrick Foundation for $5,000, from the PetSmart Foundation for $10,000, and from the Western Colorado Community Foundation $5,000 matching. Plus, community donations have provided the basis for the building fund.
The Cedaredge Town Board on Aug. 17 voted to make a $2,000 cash donation to the Friends of Cedaredge Animal Control. The town's $2,000 donation will come from a $50,000 carryover from the 2017 budget that was originally earmarked for the Region 10 broadband carrier neutral location installation. That project has been downsized and the town is budgeting only $10,000 for it in 2018.
In other business at its regular Aug. 17 business meeting:
• The Town Board approved enrollment in the Good Life Wellness Co-op program for town employees.
• It was announced that Dan Scott is resigning as town building inspector at the end of the year.
• The town board approved an application for an eight-foot-high kennel enclosure fence with an electrified wire at the top. The enclosure is to keep a couple's boxer and Rotweiller contained in a 31x32-foot space. The animals have been able to escape from a six-foot high chain link enclosure, Fred and Vicki Candelaria told the town board. The Candelarias submitted letters of support from neighbors of their home in the 600 block of SW 2nd Avenue along with the application.
• Chief Sanders also noted that complaints about noise in town park has led to a program of measuring noise levels around town with a calibrated decibel meter.
• There will be a Cedaredge Master Plan revision public hearing set for Sept. 14 at 6:30 p.m. at the Civic (Community) Center
• The town board decided to hold off for one month to get more specific information about a new cash reserve investment policy for the town. The town board may take action on the proposal in October.
Two fatal accidents occurred in Delta County within a two-day span last week.
Casey Gillenwater, 25, of Delta was killed the afternoon of Wednesday, Sept. 13, in a single-vehicle rollover on Highway 133 outside of Hotchkiss.