Help make Delta a better place to live, visit
By Richard E. Weldon
Published Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:22 am
Have you heard of Arts Coalition of Delta County, or AC/DC?
Do you know of what they are about or what they could do for you?
We are a nonprofit wanting to help our county and everyone who lives here have more cultural opportunities. We will build an amphitheater and a new 1,500-seat auditorium. The following are goals set by this organization two years ago when it received 501(c)(3) designation with the IRS:
1. Promote the "arts" in Delta County.
2. Create jobs through art projects.
3. Increase the total economy of Delta County by millions of dollars.
4. Create a positive increase in training for new jobs in the arts field.
5. Expand the use and class offerings at the tech college.
6. Encourage all tourism-related business and help provide more clients.
7. Add visitors for short stays and make Delta more attractive to outsiders to spend time here rather than a "drive through."
8. Create a new "dawning" of interest and pride in our county.
9. Aid all businesses in Delta County with better trained workers and help increase the working force.
10. Bring excitement and new life through outstanding venues of theater, dance, art and music.
These will encourage a more positive outlook and bring others a more positive picture of our county. Do you realize that on the internet Delta has been listed as the second worst town to live in in Colorado? Don't you think we ought to change that statistic? Let's all work together to change Delta County! They say we are okay with outdoor stuff, but have nothing to offer for inside entertainment. They also say that we have the highest number of students per teacher in Colorado, and have other negative and a few positive things (www.roadsnacks.net/worst-places-to-live-in-colorado).
You can help AC/DC with our goals by being aware of our projects, supporting them and volunteering to help!
Richard E. Weldon
Board of Directors