The El Pomar Foundation, based in Colorado Springs, has donated $47,500 to local non-profit organizations.
"It's a pleasure and a privilege to work with El Pomar because it asks local people to give money away to deserving non-profits," said Betsy Marston, a member of the foundation's San Juan Advisory Council.
The groups receiving checks include:
• Backpack, an early learning program of the Delta County School District, $35,000.
• Delta Opportunity School, a program of the Delta County School District, $1,500.
• Delta-Montrose Electric Association's Roundup program for needy families, $7,500.
• Delta Food Pantry, $1,500.
• Surface Creek Food Pantry, $2,000.
The advisory council meets several times a year and is headed by William Ward, an El Pomar board member.blog comments powered by Disqus