Delta County Sheriff's deputies responded to two house fires in the past week, both of which were extinguished before serious damage occurred.
The first was reported by Ted Panish, who spotted smoke coming through an electrical socket inside his home.
Crawford firefighters responded to the scene on Greenwood Avenue shortly after 8 p.m. Dec. 4. They were able to tear out some of the ceiling and put the fire out without extensive damage to the home.
At about 4 a.m. Dec. 6, deputies and Hotchkiss firefighters were called to a home on Redlands Mesa. That fire was primarily confined to the exterior of a house owned by Stanley Varner. It's believed the fire was caused by faulty heating tape around a water faucet.blog comments powered by Disqus