At the regular municipal election scheduled for April 1, Delta voters will elect two councilmembers. A councilmember from District C, and a councilmember at-large will be elected.
Persons wishing to run for these positions must meet the following criteria:
• must be a U.S. citizen;
• must be at least 18 years of age on the date of the election;
• must have resided continuously in the City of Delta for a period of at least 12 consecutive months prior to their election; or if recently annexed, must have resided within the territory annexed for the prescribed 12 consecutive months;
• must be a registered elector;
• District C candidates must reside within the district from which they seek election;
• At-large candidates may reside anywhere within the city.
Nomination petitions will be available at the office of the city clerk, 360 Main Street, Delta, beginning Jan. 21. Signed petitions must be returned to the clerk's office by 5 p.m. Feb. 10.
Anyone desiring to vote in the upcoming election who has not yet registered to vote must do so by election day. All registered voters must meet residency requirements (30 days prior to election day). Persons may register to vote at the office of the Delta County Clerk and Recorder, 501 Palmer Street, Delta, or online at www.govotecolorado.com.
The April 1 election will be conducted by mail ballot. The District C seat is currently held by Bill Raley. Ed Sisson is the councilmember at-large.
Further information is available from city clerk Jolene Nelson, 874-7902.blog comments powered by Disqus