The public is invited to a program on March 17 at 1:30 at the Hotchkiss-Crawford Historical Museum about saw mills located on Black Mesa and in the Crawford area.The museum is located at the corner of Second Street and Hotchkiss Avenue in Hotchkiss. Danny Cotten will present the history of the owners of the mills with maps, photos and stories of their families. The photo shows a saw mill crew. The location of the saw mill is unknown, but the museum believes the photo could have been taken around 1910. The pipes through the roof show the mill operated by steam engine. Besides the horse teams, at least two teams of oxen can be seen. Cotten will also relate what is known about the Diamond JO cattle brand. This cattle outfit ran several thousand head of cattle in the Crystal Creek and Fruitland Mesa areas in the 1880s.