The Cedaredge Town Board, acting at its May 16 meeting, appointed Lynn French of Crawford to serve as alternate municipal judge.
French brings extensive legal experience to the position and knows Delta County well.
He has served as a deputy district attorney for the 7th Judicial District and as a Delta County judge. He has a private law practice and is currently the municipal judge at Hotchkiss. He will conduct municipal court in Cedaredge during any absence by regular municipal judge Mike Schottelkotte.
In other business during their May 16 meeting, the Cedaredge trustees dealt with the following matters:
• Reviewed job duties of an administrative intern position, and approved tasking golf pro shop employee Barbara Murphy to town hall to help with office duties there;
• Reviewed a public works program proposal for pavement maintenance on 25 sections of town streets comprising a total 2.75 miles;
• Heard Police Chief Robert Yant report on ongoing training that four department members, including the chief, have recently completed;
• Approved a two-year lease agreement with Surface Creek Community Services food bank; and,
• Approved a one-year lease agreement with Volunteers of America for use of the Community Center kitchen and dining room for senior noon meals Monday through Thursday.blog comments powered by Disqus