Journalism scholarships available
By Press Release
Published Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:16 am
Up to four college scholarships and two high school scholarships are available through the Colorado Press Association's scholarship program, run by the Denver Foundation.
The Colorado Press Association is a trade association dedicated to the preservation, progression and modernization of the state's news media.
The CPA College Scholarship Program seeks to encourage and assist college journalism and media students who have demonstrated commitment to the field.
Up to four $2,500 scholarship awards will be awarded through a competitive selection process for the 2016-2017 academic year. The deadline to apply is March 7.
College students who meet all of the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Will be a full-time junior or senior (minimum 12 credits/semester) at a four-year Colorado college or university in the fall of 2016.
• Have declared a major in journalism or a media related field (e.g. multimedia, technical journalism, documentary filmmaking, media studies, mass communications, etc.).
• Are planning to begin a journalism or media career after graduation.
High school students who meet all of the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Will graduate from a Colorado high school in the spring of 2016.
• Have held at least one leadership position (e.g. editor, president, treasurer, etc.) in a student media organization like the high school newspaper, yearbook or media club during their senior year.
• Will attend an accredited four-year college or university in Colorado in the fall of 2016.
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to a recipient's college or university and can be applied toward tuition and fees only. This award is not renewable. An individual may only receive this award one time. Awards must be used for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Applications and selection criteria are available at The Denver Foundation website at www.denverfoundation.org.