Fees charged at the county landfill will be going up on the first business day of 2016.
County administrator Robbie LeValley said the current per-ton charge of $25 for commercial and general waste disposal at the landfill is not covering actual costs, which are pegged at $31 per ton.
As a result, the commissioners approved a new fee schedule on Monday that will double the current minimum fee from $5 to $10.
Other changes taking effect Jan. 4 include:
• General waste: includes household brush and yard clean-up, and also most construction roofing, demolition and debris including concrete and soil, $28 per ton (currently $25 per ton).
• Special waste: 10 tires or fewer without rims, $3 each; 11 or more tires in a load will be charged a bulk rate of $210 per ton. Individual tires with rims, $28 per ton. Only tires from Delta County will be accepted.
• Trailer houses (with prior approval and arrangements), $28 per ton plus $50 per trailer.
• Refrigerators and other freon containing appliances, $28 per ton plus $5 per appliance.
• Records burial, $28 per ton plus $5 surcharge.
• Dead animals/slaughter waste (subject to continued state approval and prior approval from landfill operations) including cattle, horses, sheep, goats, dogs, deer, etc., $28 per ton plus $5 surcharge.
• Containment soil drill cuttings (with proper testing and state approval documents), $35 per ton.
• Out-of-county waste (Somerset and Maher are considered in the county), $28 per ton and other regular rates, plus 75 percent surcharge. The county reserves the right to reject any waste loads originating from outside the county. Call Adobe Buttes landfill for exact in-county service and benefit area boundary.
• North Fork Transfer Station: All loads are measured and charged by the cubic yard and subject to the minimum $10 fee. Wastes accepted are household, construction, roofing, debris, etc at $10 per cubic yard, 4 cubic yard maximum. Recycle hours are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; trash 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Customers are advised to call for other load and waste restrictions at the North Fork Transfer Station, 250-2616.