Fees charged at the county landfill went up on the first business day of 2016.
A new fee schedule adopted by the Delta County Commissioners doubles the current minimum fee from $5 to $10.
Other changes taking effect Jan. 4 include:
• General waste: includes household brush and yard clean-up, and also most construction roofing, demolition, and debris including concrete and soil, $28 per ton (currently $25 per ton).
• Special waste: 10 tires or fewer without rims, $3 each; 11 or more tires in a load will be charged a bulk rate of $210 per ton. Individual tires with rims, $28 per ton. Only tires from Delta County will be accepted.
• Trailer houses (with prior approval), $28 per ton plus $50 per trailer.
• Refrigerators and other freon-containing appliances, $28 per ton plus $5 per appliance.
• Records burial, $28 per ton plus $5 surcharge.
• Dead animals/slaughter waste (subject to continued state approval and prior approval from landfill operations) including cattle, horses, sheep, goats, dogs, deer, etc., $28 per ton plus $5 surcharge.
• Containment soil drill cuttings (with proper testing and state approval documents), $35 per ton.
• Out-of-county waste (Somerset and Maher are considered in the county), $28 per ton and other regular rates, plus 75 percent surcharge. The county reserves the right to reject any waste loads originating from outside the county. Call Adobe Buttes landfill for exact in-county service and benefit area boundary.
• North Fork Transfer Station: All loads are measured and charged by the cubic yard and subject to the minimum $10 fee. Wastes accepted are household, construction, roofing, debris, etc at $10 per cubic yard, 4 cubic yard maximum. Recycle hours are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; trash 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Customers are advised to call for other load and waste restrictions at the North Fork Transfer Station, 250-2616.
Food For Thought/Vision Charter Academy has been selected as a State Farm Neighborhood Assist® Top 200 finalist and needs your help by voting for them to receive a $25,000 grant from State Farm®. From now until Aug. 24 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, U.S. residents who are 18 and older with a valid email address can vote for their favorite cause at https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2012962.