The Orchard City Town Board dealt with several items of business during its regular meeting on Oct. 13. Among those items were the following:
• Trustees held a public hearing on a liquor license renewal for Delirious Liquors. No public comment was received and the renewal was approved.
• Trustees approved an addition to the 2016 budget covering $15,000 more in road crack sealing to be completed this month.
• The trustee water committee is looking at issuance of a request for proposals to install and repair pressure relief valves in the water distribution system.
• Trustees discussed a problem with pavement failing on an 800-foot-long stretch of Austin Road. The work was originally done in 2007 and the town wants to get the opinion of a soils engineer before deciding on a fix for the problem.
• Trustees approved an increase of $3,900 to the sheriff's department donation for 2016 to cover deputy benefits.
• The board approved a variance for the JUB/Orchard Ranch ditch.
At about 9:50 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14, officers of the Delta Police Department were dispatched to a robbery reported at Arby's, located at 107 Gunnison River Drive. An extensive search of the area was conducted and the suspect was not located.
The suspect was reported to have walked into Arby's and after a brief conversation with an employee, was able to leave the store with a small amount of cash and coins.