The Orchard City Town Board dealt with several items of business during its regular meeting on Oct. 13. Among those items were the following:
• Trustees held a public hearing on a liquor license renewal for Delirious Liquors. No public comment was received and the renewal was approved.
• Trustees approved an addition to the 2016 budget covering $15,000 more in road crack sealing to be completed this month.
• The trustee water committee is looking at issuance of a request for proposals to install and repair pressure relief valves in the water distribution system.
• Trustees discussed a problem with pavement failing on an 800-foot-long stretch of Austin Road. The work was originally done in 2007 and the town wants to get the opinion of a soils engineer before deciding on a fix for the problem.
• Trustees approved an increase of $3,900 to the sheriff's department donation for 2016 to cover deputy benefits.
• The board approved a variance for the JUB/Orchard Ranch ditch.