Pioneer Town car show draws 118
By Press Release
Published Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:04 am
Photo by Hank Lohmeyer Peoples' Choice trophy winner in the Pioneer Town Car Show Patrick Heinan of Grand Junction and his restored 1949 Willys Overland Jeepster. Please see page C6 for additional photos from AppleFest.
The weather turned out beautiful for the AppleFest Car Show last Saturday and the sunny skies brought out a lot of car lovers and their favorite projects,
There were 118 entrants in this year's event and beautiful examples of the auto rebuilder's craft were on display from Arvada, Craig, points in between, and from the region as well.
There was a large contingent from the Grand Junction-based Wheels West Car Club which attended the show following the club meeting earlier that morning.
This year's People's Choice award went to a restored 1949 Willys Overlander Jeepster owned by Patrick Heinan of Grand Junction.
Other trophy-winning entries in the show were the following:
• Best Antique, 1919 Model T owned by Jenna Bemis of Austin;
• Best Classic, 1954 Cadillac Fleetwood owned by Chuck Zulian of Craig;
• Best Pickup, a 1959 Chevy Apache owned by John Davis of Grand Junction;
• Best Rod, a 1932 Ford five-window coupe owned by James Didier of Grand Junction; and,
• Best Sports Car, a 1960 MGA coupe owned by Cliff and Linda Digby of Grand Junction.
Please see page C6 for additional photos from AppleFest.