401 Meeker St Delta CO 81416 970.874.4421

Proof of ownership will be required for registration

Related Articles
  Email   Print

Colorado Parks and Wildlife reminds anyone planning to purchase a boat, OHV or snowmobile that after Jan. 1, 2017, a new regulation requires that the buyer demonstrate proof of ownership before it can be registered. Failure to show proof of ownership will prevent the completion of the registration.

If planning to purchase this year, CPW recommends to all new owners that they ask for a bill of sale during the transaction. For convenience, CPW offers a bill of sale template, available online.

If proof of ownership cannot be obtained, a physical inspection of the craft will be necessary and can be performed at any CPW office.

The bill of sale must include:

• Both the seller and buyer's printed names and signatures.

• The vessel/vehicle identification number -- if known.

• The vessel/vehicle make, model and year -- if known.

• Date of the sale.

Other forms of proof of ownership include:

• Previous registration certificate issued by a governmental entity that lists the applicant as registered owner

• Manufacturer's certificate of origin (MCO)/manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO).

• Certificate of title.

• Any court issued document proving ownership.

• A physical inspection form completed by a CPW agent.

Boats and off-highway vehicles must be registered with Colorado Parks and Wildlife, including motorcycles, dirt bikes, three-wheelers, ATVs and ​​dune buggies that are operated on public land or trails in Colorado.

For additional details, visit the registration page at CPW's website or call your local CPW office.

Read more from:
vehicle registration
  Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: