Ten new artists are being introduced to the community during a show that will run through June 25 at the AppleShed
A reception for the artists was hosted last Saturday as the public was invited in for refreshments and to meet the artists and discuss their works.
AppleShed owner Connie Williams said that some of the artists have had works on display for a time, but last week was the first opportunity for all of them to show at a reception as featured artists. Their works will remain on display at the gallery, she said.
The artists with works on display in the show are the following:
• Jody Ahrens of Grand Junction has oil paintings of landscapes;
• Jim Dawson of Crawford displays oil paintings and giclée mainly on Western themes;
• Pixie Glore of Indian Hills (Front Range Highway 285 corridor) is showing oils paintings and watercolors with many equestrian examples;
• Ron and Cathy White of Colorado Springs have hand-carved rock on display;
• Susan Greenwood Lindsay of Delta is showing oil paintings and giclée with animal themes;
• Susan Humphrey of Olathe works in the medium of print on canvass and deals with western subjects and landscapes;
• Carole Scott of Crawford is known for her wildlife photography and also has some oil paintings on display;
• Bridget Weaver of Paonia has graphite and pencil works hanging in the show.