Slaven-Emond recognized for enhanced medical care
By Press Release
Published Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:06 am
AliceMarie Slaven-Emond was recently recognized as an enhanced primary care medical provider by the Colorado Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing.
The Medicaid Accountable Care Collaborative (ACC) recognizes primary care medical providers (PCMPs) who meet certain enhanced standards as a patient-centered medical home. To qualify for the program, a provider must meet at least five of the enhanced primary care medical home factors that were established for the program. They are based on the medical home standards from National Committee on Quality Assurance, recommendations from the Regional Care Collaborative Organizations (RCCOs) and other stakeholders, and Colorado Senate Bill 07-130, which defined the criteria for medical homes for children.
Slaven-Emond's practice, Delta Health and Wellness, successfully demonstrated the following five enhanced primary care medical home factors:
• Extended hours --has regularly scheduled appointments (at least once per month) on a weekend and/or a weekday outside of typical work day hours.
• Timely clinical advice -- provides timely clinical advice by telephone or secure electronic message both during and after office hours. Patients and families are clearly informed about these procedures.
• Behavioral health integration -- provides on-site access to behavioral health care providers.
• Behavioral health screening -- collects and regularly updates a behavioral health screening (including substance use) for adults and adolescents, and/or developmental screening for children (newborn to five years of age) using a Medicaid approved tool. In addition, the practice has documented procedures to address positive screens and has established relationships with providers to accept referred patients or utilizes the standard referral and release form created by the behavioral health organizations.
• Consistent Medicaid provider -- accepts new Medicaid clients for the majority of the year.