The Grand Mesa Arts & Events Center (GMAEC) will host a variety of events and classes this month. Some activities require a fee and advance registration. For details, visit the center's website (grandmesaartscenter.com) or contact the center at 970-856-9195.
• Mondays at 5:15-6:15 p.m. Nia instructor Lorna Beard offers dance/exercise activities. And Wednesdays and Fridays at 9-10:15 a.m. instructor Julie Locke offers beginning and intermediate yoga classes.
• On Nov. 8 at 10 a.m. certified insurance agent Scharee Atchison will present a seminar on understanding Medicare.
• On Nov. 12 and 14 from 6-9 p.m., Tracy Munson teaches a class in creating decorative gourd art.
• On Nov. 17 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., artist Arleta Pech teaches a landscape watercolor class.
• On Nov. 18 at 6 p.m., Alma Evans presents a program on the Ute Indians.