Web Analytics

401 Meeker St Delta CO 81416 970.874.4421

Carbon monoxide blamed for two deaths

Related Articles
  Email   Print

An initial autopsy report indicates that an elderly Cedaredge couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The Delta County Sheriff's Office reports that John Thompson, 88, and Joan Thompson, 81, were found by a neighbor the morning of Dec. 5.

In a separate incident, a group of friends was affected by carbon monoxide while playing pool at the home of Jenna Bemis on Dec. 6.

Bemis reports that she'd recently had a new heating stove installed in the pool room, and it was apparently emitting carbon monoxide. Bemis believes she was the first to feel dizzy and she passed out. The others thought she had had a heart attack and called 911.

Everyone wound up going to the hospital to be checked out, including two of the men who had gone home. Bemis says police officers went to the men's respective homes and made sure they went to be checked out at the hospital also.

In light of her experience, Bemis urges everyone to install a carbon monoxide alarm in their houses.

Read more from:
Delta
Tags: 
Death
Share: 
  Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: