Following a series of public budget work sessions and the public publication of a draft budget, the Town of Cedaredge Board of Trustees will meet in regular session Dec. 13 to officially adopt the town's 2019 budget. Time is allotted for constituent comments at the start of all regular board of trustee meetings.
The meeting begins at 5 p.m. in the Grand Mesa Room at 140 NW 2nd Street in Cedaredge. The public is encouraged to attend.
To finalize the 2019 town budget, the trustees will vote on five separate resolutions. The resolutions will:
• Establish emergency reserves
• Establish a capital improvement plan
• Approve the detailed budget itself
• Set the town mill levy
• Authorize budget appropriations
In other business, the trustees will hear reports from the town planning and zoning committee and the Cedaredge Area Chamber of Commerce. Trustee and treasurer Patti Michael will provide a financial report and town departments will provide reports on their activities. In addition to budgetary activities and items discussed at the trustees' Dec. 6 work session (see related story on page 2C), the trustees' agenda includes the following items for possible action:
• Changes to 2019 golf course fees.
• A memo of understanding concerning the use of the town's commercial kitchen by food entrepreneurs working through ENGAGE of Delta County.
• An ordinance related to the Surface Creek Trail and the Deer Creek Village Homeowners Association.