On Tuesday morning, the American Red Cross responded to a single-family house fire on Hillcrest Drive in Delta that displaced one adult.
According to Jamie Head, Delta Police Department, the blaze was confined to the chimney. The homeowner had extinguished the fire by the time police and firefighters arrived on the scene.
The Red Cross has launched a multi-year campaign that seeks to reduce home fire deaths and injuries by providing free smoke alarm installation. Visit www.ColoradoRedCross/firesafety for details.