Tristan Pfeffer is appealing to any and all takers to help with the tasks that contribute to a successful Pioneer Days event in Crawford. Pfeffer has served as the chairperson for the event for the last five years, but will be stepping down from that position for the 2019 season. Pfeffer will still serve as parade coordinator and is looking for a new chairperson. Pfeffer will pitch in as co-chair to facilitate a smooth transition to the change in structure.
The duties of the coordinators will be to take on the different tasks required to make Pioneer Days a fun weekend for all. Many of those duties can be delegated to other volunteers. Hopefully this will allow the coordinators to act as overseers who can make sure that everything gets done according to schedule. Pfeffer stresses that many jobs do not require long-term time commitments. Nor do many of the jobs require that the volunteers be present for the weekend of the celebration.
The coordinating positions waiting for volunteers to fill are:
• Advertisement -- work with designer to create print ads, social media and posters
• Banners -- design and order sponsor, dignitary banners and display in town
• Saturday morning set up -- put out chairs, tables, trash cans, decorate judges' stand
• Information booth -- put out t-shirts and information, schedule volunteers to man booth
• Outdoor chairs and tables -- collect on Friday, coordinating with bank, return on Saturday to the Methodist Church
• Prizes -- order ribbons, sashes, coordinate with treasurer for cash prizes
• Supplies -- inventory event boxes, purchase needed supplies
• Volunteer appreciation dinner -- arrange this event for location and meal
Pfeffer urges any interested parties to call 206-679-7998 for more information. Pfeffer thanks all in advance for their interest in making this year's Pioneer Days another successful weekend, for everyone.