The following was discussed at the Monday, July 9, meeting at the Maloney House in Hotchkiss:
• The Delta County Fair is Aug. 5-12. VIP wristbands are on sale now at the Delta County Extension Office. These bands grant access to all events throughout the fair. Prices are $25 for youth and $30 for adults (12 and up).
• The fair schedule is available online at deltacountyfair.com or at the Extension Office.
• The Fashion Review is Thursday, July 19, at the Delta Center for Performing Arts, 822 Grand Avenue, Delta.
• The shooting competition is Saturday, July 21, at the Delta County 4-H Range in Eckert. Those who are competing must bring their record books. They need to be at least 70 percent complete and signed by a 4-H leader.
• The 4-H Club Wall decorating party is Friday, Aug. 3, beginning at 6 p.m. in Heritage Hall on the fairgrounds in Hotchkiss.
• We will not be doing a barbecue at the fair this year.
• Any projects going to the Colorado State Fair must be turned in to the Extension Office by Aug. 13, the Monday after county fair.
• County council elections are in our September meeting.
Have a happy and fun fair season!
Delta 4-H County Council Reporter
Two of the four marijuana questions on the November ballot were narrowly approved by voters in the City of Delta. Measure 2F allows the establishment of medical marijuana centers. Measure 2H permits the establishment of medical marijuana cultivation, testing, research and manufacturing facilities.