The Western Colorado Community Foundation (WCCF) committed $108,625 in scholarship awards to support 49 Delta County students over the next four years of their college career. WCCF manages thirty-six scholarship funds across western Colorado, and 15 of those funds are specifically for Delta County students. In addition to renewed awards for students currently enrolled in college, the following new scholarships were awarded:
• Five Stewart-Watson-Wheeler scholarships were awarded to Taylor Carsten, Courtney Cox, Shanan Davey, James LeValley, Keilee Womack.
• Five renewable Kay Armstrong scholarships were awarded to Christie Anderson, Kenzie Henderson, Chelsea Meilner, Uyen Nguyen, Ariana Sorensen.
• Six Didrickson-Niles scholarships were awarded to Nicholas Cambria, Patience Davis, Danielle Freeman, Easton Metcalf, Mckenzie Moore, MyKayla Music.
• Six Lena Sammons Reed scholarships were awarded to Madison Guthrie, Emily Keleher, Patrick Keleher, Megan Lange, James LeValley, Sophia Schelle.
• Two Jeanette Wilkinson scholarships were awarded to Maraina Contreras and Rodolfo Contreras.
• Two J. Robert Young scholarships were awarded to Clayton Oxford and Sophia Schelle.
• Edith May Cox scholarship: Sara Jurca.
• Dorothy L. Crousen Art scholarship: Bailee Campbell.
• Weldon Crousen Citizenship scholarship: Jeramiah Hillman.
• Delta High School general scholarship: Sierra Baldozier.
• Leitzinger-Hallenbeck scholarship: Gratia Fisher.
• Fred and Ruby MacKendrick scholarship: Clayton Oxford.
• Richard W. McGuire scholarship: Kaisa Simon.
• Thomas W. Osborn scholarship: Austin Hollenbeck.
• Stanway scholarship: Echo Miller-Barnes.
The Western Colorado Community Foundation serves seven counties in western Colorado, managing charitable funds for community good. The Community Foundation and its regional affiliates manage over $50 million in total endowed fund assets.