When I read the Oct. 17 articles "DCMH expands..." and "DCMH introduces new personnel" I had several questions for the hospital administration and board of directors.
• Why is there so much staff turnover at the hospital and the clinics?
• Are exit interviews being conducted to find out?
• If so, what is being learned?
• Would it be better to work to retain staff rather than do a job search and hire and train new staff? Which choice is considered best practice?
• How are patients coping with the changes in staff? I for one am still having trouble adjusting to my primary doctor being gone. After all, patient trust is not something that happens overnight.
A collaborative effort between the Delta County Sheriff's Office and municipal law enforcement agencies throughout Delta County has resulted in a proposal for a 1 percent sales tax increase to fund public safety. A PowerPoint presentation titled "Back the Badge" is starting to make the rounds at city/town council meetings, service club luncheons and other events.